Chronicles and Stories of a Melted Heart

Of what your heart asks, what your mind tells, and where your will can take you!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dream Weaver II : Bother No More

Description: From the story, "Dream Weaver", I decided to make a continuation of the story. This story will carry on the characters and the story flow of Dream Weaver and the up-coming events will now be self made, no dream-based events and no events nor settings are based in real life. I changed the dialogue format so that it will be easy to read. If you liked the first story, hope you'll like this one too.







It's been a long time for Mhart to recover from the damages made to him by their former mission. There are a lot of things that has changed even though only 3 months have passed. Mhart is still in recovery of his left arm which was badly injured by the explosion but because of the continuous medication, his arm will recover totally soon. Whenever he is permitted to leave the hospital, he will be living separately with Rose Wilder, Ivan Ravens, and John Annue. John decided to live with them because he wanted to start a new life with his best friend, Mhart. With Rick Enses, Erin Rolds, Kristin Gauze and Chris Mortell, they are now working for Mr. Wilson as hired gunmen. As for now, there are no missions sent to them.

A pleasant morning, fresh morning breeze of the wind, mild rays of sunlight and a calm sway of the trees, it is already 9:00 in the morning. Rose almost forgot that this is the day that Mhart will leave the hospital. She ran to her room to change clothes and hurriedly rushed out of the house and slammed the door shut. Ivan and John was outside resting on a bench. They heard the slam of the door and noticed that Rose is in a rush.

Ivan : HEY ROSE! WHY ARE YOU SUCH IN A RUSH?
Rose : Don't you remember? Mhart will be leaving the hospital today and he needs to be accompanied to our place! And one more thing, you don't have to shout at me! I'm not miles away from you!
Ivan : (shocked) Oh Yeah! I almost forgot! Let's go now, We need to get there at exactly 10:30am!
John : Hey! I wanna come too! Wait for me!
Rose : Nah uh! Just stay there and take care of the house. Be sure to clean the house before we come back!
John : But ...
Rose : NO EXCUSES! Just do what I said. We must not be late!
John : Alright...
Ivan : Faster Rose! You slowpoke! The cab is waiting!
Rose : Who's the slowpoke? You Scumbag!
John : (to himself) Why am I left alone here? I am Mhart's best friend! Nah ... Forget it. It's better to see him in surprise than to be the one to see him first. I better be working now.

Rose and Ivan took the cab to the hospital to be able to get there on time. Rose and Ivan are obviously in excitement to see Mhart and finally be with him again. 9:50 in the morning, after almost an hour of ride to the hospital, they finally arrived without the idea of a big surprise to come. When they arrived at the room where Mhart is resting, located at the second floor of the hospital, they were shocked that he is not there anymore! So they hurriedly went out of the room and asked a nurse where he is. The nurse said that he is in the garden of the hospital. So they rushed out to the garden to see him. Finally, they found him, but he is with a woman in plain blue dress. And they have no idea who she is. So they paused for a deep breath, and walked normally towards him.

Rose : Good morning Mhart! We ...

But before she could utter words to say to him, they were shocked of who they saw! It is Kristin Gauze. They exchanged smiles and greet one another.

Kristin : What were you saying Rose?
Rose : (in deep shyness, thinking of words to say) Uhmmm. I just ... I mean, we were looking for Mhart all over the hospital.
Mhart : Really? How did you find me?
Ivan : We asked a nurse if where are you staying. We thought that you already went home alone.
Mhart : Oh! Sorry to have you looking for me. Kristin came to visit me and I asked her to rest for a moment here in the garden. Besides, the doctor said that I'll be fine and I just have to rest more for fast recovery.
Kristin : That's true! I just remembered that Mhart will be going home this day so I came to pay a visit.
Rose : Is that so? But, where is Chris? Aren't you suppose to be with him?
Kristin : He's with Erin and Rick. They said that they will be the one to take care of our planned vacation months ago and they thought of setting it on the following day.
Ivan : Really? So we'll be out for a vacation?
Kristin : Yeah! And we'll be going to Silica Town which is a 12 hour ride from here.
Ivan : That's nice to hear! But, will Mhart be alright?
Mhart : Of course I am ... I can even sucker punch you with my left arm!
Rose : Don't even try to do that Mhart. You're not yet fully recovered.
Ivan : I'm just kidding dude! Chill. Kristin, wanna go to our place and have a lunch with us? I'm starving!
Kristin : No Problem! Besides, Erin, Rick and Chris will be fetching me at your place. I have already informed them that I will go to your place to pay a visit after I meet Mhart in the hospital.
Rose : Should we go now?
All : Let's go!

When they arrived at their place, they saw John sitting beside a tree, waiting for them to arrive. Mhart noticed that he is cleaning his sword that Mr. Wilson gave him in their previous mission. Mhart asked them to stay for a while in a bench beside the door. He is planning to surprise John that he finally arrived. Slowly, he walks towards where John is sitting.

Mhart : Hey John!
John : (shocked) Mhart! You finally arrived! I am cleaning your sword after I have prepared our lunch. Look at your sword. It's as good as new!
Mhart : Thanks John. Let me try it. I missed using this sword.
John : (handed him the sword) Here you go.

Mhart got excited to use his sword again after a long time of being in the hospital. He swings his sword back and forth and it seems like he had never been in the hospital or not even injured. All of them are smiling for such great recovery that Mhart had gone in the past 3 months.

A great surprise came to them when they all went inside the house. Everything is in order, bunch of foods for their lunch are also ready. Because of their hunger, they hurriedly sat down in the chairs and began eating their splendid lunch that John had prepared.

After their lunch, Mhart decided to rest on a rock under the shade of a big tree near their house. He missed the place, the breeze of the cold wind and the gentle sway of the trees. Looking afar, Mhart remembered someone from the past, and he's bothered if where and how is she doing now. Mesmerized with mixed emotions and memories that bothers him, all he can do is to relax, rest and be alone. and he can't even hide the feelings that bothers him. And that is totally inevitable yet unexplainable. After some moments of being alone, before he could stand and go back to their house, Kristin showed up and sits beside him.

Kristin : You know, I just noticed, whenever you are alone, something always bothers you, you look uneasy!
Mhart : No I'm not! I just want to rest in this tree, and watch the trees sway to the blow of the wind.
Kristin : You don't have to hide anything from me. Your relief will only be to say your feelings or problems with someone. And I am here to help you out.
Mhart : Nah. These are just bunch of unexplainable emotions. There's nothing to worry about.
Kristin : Alright, I won't force you to tell me what bothers you.
Mhart : I swear, nothing to worry about me.
Kristin : So, how are you feeling now?
Mhart : I'm quite well, but I'm fine. This arm will be alright in no time.
Kristin : That's great!

While Mhart and Kristin is having a conversation, they don't know that Rose is looking at them through a window. A bit of jealous, a feeling of being left behind, and a care for him that he can't even feel. All she can do for now is to stare at them, allow herself to drown in the feeling of being disregarded and rejected. Ivan noticed her and tried to see where is she staring at. With a gentle tap on Rose's shoulder, Ivan tried to talk to her.

Ivan : Hey Rose! Jealous?
Rose : Of course not! I'm just looking after Mhart. You know, he's not yet totally recovered from the damages of the mission we have gone through! I'm just worried about OUR FRIEND!
Ivan : Chill girl, chill! You're so hot-headed. I'll just go out and help John with what he's doing.
Rose : That's the best idea you will do for today!

It's almost 2:00 in the afternoon, everyone is busy with what they are doing, except for Rose who is still staring at Mhart and Kristin. After a while, he saw Mhart stood up and left Kristin sitting under the tree. So she ran outside to talk to Mhart, and she asked him why is she left alone there. He is silent for a while, and thinking for the right words to say. Because Mhart have a great trust to Rose, he told her what happened.

In Mhart and Kristin's conversation, she opened up that things are going uneasy for her and Chris, that they often times had quarrels about certain things, even simple things! Misunderstandings are always on their way. So Mhart just had that piece of advice. "Be alone, and patch things up. Think of what made him mad about certain things and have a talk with him like what we have now. A simple talk and explanation can patch up your broken pieces". After that, he asked if he can leave her for a while and she agreed.

Minutes have passed, and Rick, Erin and Chris came. So they went to their house and talked about their planned vacation. They planned to have it the following day and everyone agreed. It seemed like nothing has happened to Rose, Mhart and Kristin that everything went well.

The vacation day came, and their ready to go to Silica Town. Everything is ready and the only thing that is waiting is their vacation house at Silica Town. On their rented car, they were seated as partners but Mhart is in the front passenger seat and Rose can't get her eyes out of Mhart, worrying about what bothers him. Everyone fell asleep aside from Mhart who's looking outside in the middle of nowhere. After the 12-hour ride to Silica Town, they finally arrived to their vacation house. So they immediately arranged their things and prepared their lunch. But as usual, Mhart is outside, having his time alone again. Erin and Rick went outside and saw Mhart alone, again. So they sit beside him and had a small talk with him.

Erin : Are you alright Mhart?
Mhart : All of you already asked me that matter. Of course I am alright. I am just thinking if what can happen to us if we were assigned again for another mission.
Rick : You're always interfering my plans! But I know you can take care of them alone.
Erin : And Mr. Wilson said that we wont be having any mission unless you are fully recovered. So, there's nothing to worry about.
Mhart : Is that so? That's a relief. Thanks
Erin : You will always be welcome! So, we'll leave you for a moment. We have something to do.
Rick : Yeah, we'll be going to the market for a while. Wanna come?
Mhart : No thanks. I have to rest some more. Just take care.
Erin & Rick : Sure thing!

Mhart is still bothered. He knows it's not the only thing that bothers him. He feels like he's trapped in a cage with no way out. A memory that can't even get out of his mind, a memory that haunts him wherever he goes, but he keeps on fighting that feeling, that memory that can't even leave his mind. So he decided to go inside the rest house to eat and chill with liquor to relax him out. When he had entered the rest house, he only saw Chris, sitting on a chair of the dining table.

Chris : So, how are you feeling now Mhart? It's been a while since we last saw each other huh?
Mhart : I'm feeling a lot better now. Why are you alone here? Where are the others?
Chris : They're upstairs, fixing things up. May I ask you of something?
Mhart : Sure thing! What is it?
Chris : Have you talked to Kristin? She's quite uneven now, or let's just say, she's a bit different. Maybe she lost her attitude of being hot-headed these past few days since we were at your house.
Mhart : Oh yes. Some sort of advice to cool her down, and forget all those weary emotions she had.
Chris : You became a big help again bro. Since you had that talk, were not anymore arguing about me, being always outside our house with some couple of friends.
Mhart : Oh! So, that's what she's talking about. You know, you should give her enough time to make her feel protected and loved. You must not make a woman worry about you!
Chris : Yeah, i know what should I do now. You're saying that, but don't you know, Rose cares for you a lot, she's worrying about you.
Mhart : I know, and I can feel it, but there's really something in my mind that haunts me until now, but it's not for you to know.
Chris : I respect it, and I won't force you to tell me what it is.
Mhart : Maybe, ill just go upstairs and rest for a moment. I'll leave you for a while.
Chris : Ok, rest well.

Mhart went to his room. He was shocked that Rose is the only one upstairs and she is in his room. When he entered the room, it was so clean and everything is well organized. Rose is staring outside the window. When she turned around to see who entered, she was in deep feeling of shame that Mhart saw her in his room. She walked to the door with her head down, but Mhart held her shoulder and asked her not to leave the room.

Mhart : Where are you going Rose? I still haven't thanked you for making this room a suitable place to rest.
Rose : Uhm. Nothing. Nowhere. I mean, I just did what I am supposed to do, to take care of you until you are fully recovered from your injuries.
Mhart : Thank you so much. Want some beer?
Rose : No, maybe I'll just drink the juice from your fridge.
Mhart : Alright.
Rose : Just find a place to sit, and I'll be serving your beer.
Mhart : I'll be here in the terrace for a cool place to chill.
Rose : Here's your beer. So, how's your arm?
Mhart : I can move it now. It doesn't hurt much like before. I guess, by the following weeks, I'll be fully recovered.
Rose : That would be nice to hear. So, how was your talk with Chris?
Mhart : You heard it?
Rose : Sorry, but yes, I heard it. That is why I'm in shame to talk to you a moment ago.
Mhart : Forget it. And besides, what's the big deal?
Rose : (whispering to herself) For you it's not, for me, it matters much.
Mhart : Are you saying something Rose?
Rose : Oh nothing! I'm just, you know ... Worried about you.
Mhart : I told you, there's nothing to worry about! By the way, where are the others? Kristin, Ivan and John?
Rose : Oh them? They're on the other room, finishing some stuff. They'll be out in any minute now to prepare our outdoor dinner and party later this evening.
Mhart : Oh. I'll just finish this can of beer and I'll take a nap.
Rose : uhm, Mhart, may I ask you one thing?
Mhart : What's bothering me?
Rose : How did you know that ... That's what I am about to ask?
Mhart : Everyone asks me that! I'm just fine there's nothing to worry about me.
Rose : No Mhart, you know you can't hide your emotions with me. You may lie to them, but not me.
Mhart : Alright! Alright! On my second month in the hospital, I dreamed about this woman. You know Janine Edinburg?
Rose : Yeah, I remember her. The woman who has a rose garden that always brings a rose wherever she goes.
Mhart : Yeah right. That's her.
Rose : So what about that woman whom you loved much?
Mhart : Yes I did but remember this. Past is past, were in the present, so why care about what negative happened in the past? It's not me being hurt in the past, it's the mistake.
Rose : Alright, alright! So, what about her?
Mhart : She'll be in great danger. That's why I'm bothered if it will happen.
Rose : You said past is past, and now you worry about her? You're difficult to understand Mhart.
Mhart : Yeah, it's true. But I just forgot the feeling, not the person! And I will care for her as much as I care for all of you 'coz you're my friends!
Rose : I don't want to argue with you Mhart. But she's gone for years. And we haven't received any news about her since she left our city.
Mhart : That's what I worry. If she'll be alright without us to look after her.
Rose : Don't worry about it. Don't stress yourself because of that matter. If you won't be able to do that, we will be here to take care of things.

A loud voice calling them from outside break their conversation. It's Chris and Rick calling them to go outside to see who's their visitor. So Mhart and the others hurriedly ran outside to check who it is. When they opened the door, they were shocked with who they saw. It's Janine Edinburg. She's the woman whom Mhart loved so much before and so is she. She's already 21, and still, that silent woman whom Mhart known before. She lives in Silica Town for 5 years. She was a childhood friend of Mhart, Ivan and Rose away back in their city. Though Mhart was in shock to see her, there's no sign that he still feels the same as before he was with Janine.

Janine : Hello there Mhart! It's been 5 years since we last met each other.
Mhart : How did you know that were here?
Janine : In the market, I heard your friends, Erin and Rick talking about your injury and how are you feeling now. So I talked to them if the Mhart that they're talking about is you, Mhart Winds. So I decided to join them so I can see you again.
Mhart : Is that so? It's nice meeting you again. You look different than before, but still, you have that rose with you!
Janine : Yeah! Since I lived here in Silica Town, I decided to make a rose garden in my place! Erin and Rick told me about your injury. How are you now?
Mhart : I'm fine, almost near to recovery. Care to join our little party this evening?
Janine : My pleasure! By the way, my family decided to return to our Dehi City by next month. We can be together again with Rose and Ivan!
Mhart : Really? That's good.

They shared stories of what has happened to their lives. There's a bit of introduction of John, Kristin, Chris and so are Erin and Rick though Janine already had a conversation on their way home. Rose felt uneasy and weary of having Janine in their company. But she knows that she can surpass this matter. After some talk and some laughter, they proceeded to setting up their outdoor party.

Later that evening, they had so much fun! It's like a refresher of their hardships during their previous mission. Everyone was full because of the foods that they prepared and they had a small drinking session. Mhart just had a bit because he had to rest and recover his injury. But he stayed and talked about several things that their fond of. The night had passed, Ivan, Rick, Chris and John was drunk and Janine decided to stay for a night in their place. They night was full of fun. Because of this small gathering, Mhart has forgotten what bothers him and it will be a big help for him to recover fast. He knew that if Janine will be back to their city, there will be nothing to worry about her. They stayed for a week in Silica Town and enjoyed everyone's company. Janine often returns to their place to bond with them and know them even better. Things went easy on them with no mission to worry about, no problems to bother them and no time to waste upon their vacation in Silica Town.

After a week of stay in Silica Town, they said goodbye to Janine and promised to see them after a month. They returned back to Dehi City for a 12-hour ride again. Their bonds went strong and they knew that friendship will always be important than anything else. Because of this vacation Mhart finally get his smile back with nothing to worry about.

THE END

2 comments:

tuesdayDOOMSDAY said...

I find this episode less interesting compared to the first installment. Maybe because I was expecting to read more action-packed story rather than love story. But it is equally well written as the first one and I congratulate you for that.

Phasing is too fast, but I see that you were in a hurry writing this because of the insistent public demand for this sequel. But you can always improve your episodes especially when you write it taking all your time.

Congratulations. And I'm looking forward on reading more from your blog!

Anonymous said...

gusto ko ang batuhan ng linya ditoOOO ^^ ahahha:D naaliw ako dun... :D

Post a Comment